Sunday, April 10, 2011

French 3rd Hussars

I had 9 of these figures painted from about 3 years ago and decided I wanted a unit of 16 figures. So I had a look in my boxes of shame for the remaining poses and included 2 elite company figures from my recent Foundry order. Uniform sources were conflicting as I like Chris Reeses plates but have several other books that gave different opinions. So I did the wargamer thing and picked the combinations that I thought looked the best. I cheated with the sabretache and scanned a good image, resized it and printed out 20 or so which I glued on with PVA. I think it works well and saved me the headache of painting 16 of the buggers...


5 comments:

  1. Excellent work, a grand looking unit indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! As always- your bases are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent hussars! Love the 3rd & you've done a fantastic job on them. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been timid about painting the 3rd, with all that grey, but man, you really made them pop! Thanks for the inspiration ( and the cool pelisse trick)
    Cheers
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete