Monday, March 7, 2011

Immortal Greeks

Below is a picture of my efforts of painting the plastic kit produced by Immortal.  They are well proportioned and there is plenty of parts to create variations.  These gents are meant to depict the period of the Persian Wars.  The water slide transfers are very nicely done.  You need to cut close to the image though to ensure that there are no bubbles or creases from the curve of the shield.  They should blend in OK with the Foundry and Ral Partha figures I have already, although their shields are slightly larger.  The box contains an excellent pamphlet explaining the weapons and armour of the different periods of Ancient Greece.  The only figure I didn't use was the piper, although a wonderful figure was just a bit small and looked too adult for my liking.  Overall, they were great fun to paint and look even better in formation.  
Immortal Greeks

6 comments:

  1. They're really bloody nice, good work but I remain strong enough to resist this period but if I wasn't those miniatures would be the way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking phalanx!! lovely work.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I resisted these figures when I saw boxes and boxes of them for sale at Cancon. Your wonderful painting makes it just that much harder to continue resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh looking good Marc, what will you be using them for WAB or FOG?

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn fine looking troops..I have 3 boxes of them and the extra shield transfers..hmm Impetus Hoplits looks like an option..Willow the Persian gambit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matt - I have based them up for FOG. I have a few more foundry figures to finish off will take a picture of the army so far.

    ReplyDelete