Friday, September 16, 2011

William and the Normans

Below is the latest update of my Norman army. I have followed the FOG starter army list in the Wolves from the Sea supplement. I am close to completion and only really have to paint up another two command stands and a camp.  I have another 5-6 bases to add just for good measure too!  The figures are mostly Crusader (who make fantastic figures) Conquest and Black Tree.  It has been a treat painting these guys up, but I am ready for a new challenge and the bucketful of ECW royalist infantry I have sitting around could be beckoning!
Norman Knights- Conquest and Black Tree Figures

Milites- Crusader miniatures

Archers - Crusader and Black Tree Design

Saxons- waiting to be slaughtered!

Rank and file - Black Tree and Crusader

William and Odo- Crusader Miniatures

Casualty Stand- Conquest Miniatures

The Army (I chopped a few off on the side!)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You've made a fantastic job on these, they look superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I like the Black Tree Norman line. Paint job looks fatastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i just say what a fantastic looking army really realy nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning job Marc! From the shields to the bases it's top notch. I will have to study your shield designs... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!! I´m speechless...!!!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent looking army, I have an unpainted Norman army in the stash, might start working on them, hope they turn out as good as these.

    ReplyDelete