Saturday, August 3, 2013

More Norman Invasions

Inspired by TigerZouaves excellent Viking figures, I have persevered in painting my mountain of Norman figures sitting around.  It's been a labour of love.  But Im pleased with the result.  I'll keep adding to them as I go along- but I think its time to paint a few different things for a bit.  It's good to have more space in the unpainted figure cupboard too.  They are based very close-  4 infantry to a 60mm x 20mm base. I think it gives a good effect.  Maybe the cavalry rode in looser formations- I don't know. The photos don't really do them justice though.  They weigh a ton!  One day these guys might even see battle!

Norman Shieldwall. Believe it or not- there are over 200 figures here!
A few archers
Norman Cavalry- 70+ figures



8 comments:

  1. They look great and full of colour, top job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful looking army. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent Minis - just the lads to ride down anyone who dares to defy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really colourful, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really nice. Full of colour and character. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete